Monday, April 25, 2011
What's in your beauty basket?
Every girl has a small stash somewhere of beauty prods. I wonder what's in your beauty basket? It's nice to go through the baskets of friends and family, it not only tells you about their "beauty values" but you get to learn about "new prods" - "stuff you need" - "stuff you don't need" - "stuff that works" and "stuff that doesn't work" or at least you may realise, your basket needs a make-over!
After digging in my Beauty basket this is what I found-
1) Mary Kay Eye Makeup remover (love it)
2) Mary Kay mineral powder foundation (love it)
3) Vivi(venus) oil-free cream foundation (Doesn't work for me)
4) Nail kit (love it)
5) Ped Egg Professional ( Works like a charm)
6) Essence nail polish ( quick drying but not long lasting)
7) Maybelline Water shine lipstick (love it but only just use a dab)
8) Bourjois Paris Liner Stylo eye liner (works great not as dark as liquid EL)
9) Essence Volume Mascara (I really didnt see the volume change)
10) Bourjois Paris Mascara (Wow it has a comb-brush effect-luvit)
11) Essence lip gloss (always leaking-unstable lid)
12) Essence multi-effect mascara (works great- messy during afterwash)
13) Miss Helen lipstick (Not shiny, always needs a dab of gloss)
14) Essence eyebrow designer (Love it)
Well this is quite embarassing - I definitely need a basket makeover. Perhaps actually decide on the BRAND I want to use (MARY KAY may win this one). You're probably wondering where the cleansers, moisturizers,exfoliants,toners, hand creams,masks,concealers,etc etc are? Well like I said I may need a basket makeover however finding the perfect "skin routine" is always a tough journey and i'm still hunting.(At the moment keeping it au naturelle). Perhaps after digging through afew baskets from friends and family I may find something.
Take a look at your own baskets and see what you need, what you don't need and definitely take a quick raid of what other's have?
P.S NEVER SPEND TOO MUCH ON PRODUCTS THAT DON'T ADD VALUE TO YOUR GENERAL APPEARANCE.
KEEP IT SIMPLE YET BEAUTIFUL.