Thursday, March 17, 2011

Staying Healthy: Bouncing Back from Getting Sick

Hey Out There!

Spring is around the corner, but that doesn't mean that the cold/virus season has ended. Yesterday, I was in the bed, most of the day, unable to move. I woke up feeling dizzy and knew I needed to get some rest.  I had been very busy lately and had not been getting enough sleep. I think my body was saying, "Slow down, girl. You're doing too much." So, I spent most of the day resting and was able to feel better by using some of the items below.

Here are some things you should have at home if a cold or illness sneaks up on you:

  • Orange juice
  • Gingerale
  • Tea (green or add lemon and/or honey to your favorite black tea)
  • Vitamins*
  • Chicken noodle soup
  • Cold or flu medicine*
*Speak with your parents, local pharmacists or doctors to determine which ones work best for you.

Most importantly, you can stay healthy by getting enough sleep, exercising and eating plenty of fruits and vegetables.

Have a great day,

Jen:)


No comments:

Post a Comment