Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Biggie!

I cannot let today pass without giving homage to hip-hop legend, Christopher Wallace a.k.a. Biggie. Unfortunately for all his fans, he died 14 years ago after being shot by a still unknown assailant. His songs made people in the 'hood and the 'burbs unite in lyrics and beats, whether you did or didn't have the experiences he rapped about in his songs. He was one of the greatest lyricists in hip-hop history.

Nicknames: Biggie, Big Poppa, Biggie Smalls, Frank White

Some of my fav lyrics:

"Lyrically, I'm supposed to represent. I'm not only a client, I'm the player president."
-One More Chance

"Remember Rappin' Duke duh-ha duh-ha. You never thought that hip-hop would take us this far."
-Juicy

"Timbs for my hooligans in Brooklyn. . .Poppa been smooth since the days of Underroos."
-Hyponotize

Click on this word: Juicy to view his first video. It was my first intro to Biggie. You are definitely missed in the hip-hop game. RIP.

Peace,

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment